Former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey received a 45-day medical suspension in the aftermath of her loss to Amanda Nunes at UFC 207, according to information released by the Nevada Athletic Commission to MMA Fighting on Tuesday.
Rousey suffered a devastating first-round knockout defeat in just 48 seconds in her comeback fight against Nunes, which headlined the UFC’s year-end show. Rousey will now be formally sidelined until Feb. 14 due to damage sustained during the bout, although it could be far longer before the fight world sees her return to the cage, as Rousey has not indicated whether UFC 207 will be her final bout.
Aside from Rousey, four fighters on the UFC 207 card led the way with medical suspensions that stretched upwards of six months for potential injuries sustained during the event, including bantamweight contender John Lineker. The Brazilian contender suffered a broken jaw during the first round of his bout against T.J. Dillashaw, Lineker confirmed with MMA Fighting’s Guilherme Cruz on Tuesday. He will be sidelined until June 29, or unless cleared by a doctor sooner.
The three other fighters to receive similarly long six-month medical suspensions were Ray Borg (left ankle), Niko Price (right great toe), and Alex Oliveira (broken nose).
UFC 207 took place Dec. 30 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The night’s main card aired live on pay-per-view.
A complete list of UFC 207’s medical suspensions can be seen below.
- John Lineker: Must have broken jaw cleared by ENT or Oral Maxillary Facial Surgeon or no contest until 06/29; minimum suspension of no contest until 01/30, no contact until 01/21
- Ray Borg: Must have left ankle x-rayed, if positive then must have clearance by an orthopedic doctor or no contest until 06/29; minimum suspension of no contest until 01/30, no contact until 01/21
- Niko Price: Must have right great toe x-rayed, if positive then must be cleared by orthopedic doctor or no contest until 06/29; minimum suspension of no contest until 01/30, no contact until 01/21
- Alex Oliveira: Must have broken nose cleared by an ENT doctor or no contest until 06/29; minimum suspension of no contest until 03/01, no contact until 02/14
- Mike Pyle: Suspended until 03/01, no contact until 02/14
- Ronda Rousey: Suspended until 02/14, no contact until 01/30
- Dominick Cruz: Suspended until 02/14, no contact until 01/30 due to left eyebrow laceration
- Louis Smolka: Suspended until 02/14, no contest until 01/30 due to lacerations near both eyes
- Johny Hendricks: Suspended until 02/14, no contact until 01/30 due to right scalp laceration
- Cody Garbrandt: Suspended until 01/30, no contact until 01/21
- Marvin Vettori: Suspended until 01/21, no contact until 01/14
Source:: mma fighting