Ronda Rousey banked a record-tying seven-figure sum and Cody Garbrandt earned a flat $200,000 purse for their respective performances in the featured bouts of UFC 207, according to payroll figures released by the Nevada Athletic Commission on Tuesday.
In her first fight in 13 months, Rousey suffered a stunning 48-second defeat at the hands of reigning UFC women’s bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes ($200,000) in the main event of UFC 207. Rousey’s purse ties the record set by Irish superstar Conor McGregor at UFC 202 for the highest disclosed purse in UFC history. It should be noted though that McGregor’s purse for his UFC 205 victory over Eddie Alvarez was not publicly disclosed, as the New York State Athletic Commission does not disclose fighter salaries.
Garbrandt, meanwhile, cashed a $200,000 payday with no win bonus for the first fight of his new UFC contract following his historic victory over longtime bantamweight kingpin Dominick Cruz ($350,000).
UFC 207 took place Dec. 30 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The night’s main card aired live on pay-per-view.
Aside from the championship contenders, only three other fighters on the card hit the six-figure mark in earnings. Former bantamweight titleholder T.J. Dillashaw earned $200,000 for his decisive victory over John Lineker, veteran welterweight Dong Hyun Kim earned $134,000 for his narrow decision over Tarec Saffiedine, and Neil Magny earned $114,000 after receiving 20-percent of the show purse of his beaten opponent, former welterweight champion Johny Hendricks.
In addition to their commission-reported salaries, Garbrandt, Cruz, Nunes and undercard fighter Alex Garcia also took home $50,000 fight night bonuses for their performances.
A complete list of the UFC 207 salaries can be seen below. As always, these figures do not represent a fighter’s total earnings, as certain sponsorship incomes, pay-per-view bonuses, or discretionary post-fight bonuses are not publicly disclosed.
Main Card (Pay-per-view)
- Amanda Nunes ($100,000 + $100,000 = $200,000) def. Ronda Rousey ($3,000,000)
- Cody Garbrandt ($200,000 + no win bonus = $200,000) def. Dominick Cruz ($350,000)
- T.J. Dillashaw ($100,000 + $100,000 = $200,000) def. John Lineker ($43,000)
- Dong Hyun Kim ($67,000 + $67,000 = $134,000) def. Tarec Saffiedine ($40,000)
- Ray Borg (*$12,600 + $18,000 = $30,600) def. Louis Smolka (*$37,400)
Preliminary Card (FOX Sports 1)
- Neil Magny (**$67,000 + $47,000 = $114,000) def. Johny Hendricks (**$80,000)
- Antonio Carlos Junior ($21,000 + $21,000 = $42,000) def. Marvin Vettori ($12,000)
- Alex Garcia ($18,000 + $18,000 = $36,000) def. Mike Pyle ($55,000)
- Niko Price ($12,000 + $12,000 = $24,000) def. Brandon Thatch ($22,000)
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
- Tim Means ($35,000) vs. Alex Oliveira ($28,000) ruled a no contest
* Smolka received 30-percent of Borg’s show purse for Borg missing weight
** Magny received 20-percent of Hendricks’ show purse for Hendricks missing weight
Source:: mma fighting