UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley helped lead the way for the disclosed payroll for UFC 209, earning $500,000 for his successful title defense over Stephen Thompson in Saturday night’s main event. The Nevada Athletic Commission on Monday released the event’s finalized salary information to MMA Fighting.
Woodley defeated Thompson via majority decision in a largely uneventful rematch at UFC 209 to retain his UFC welterweight title. Thompson was paid $380,000 in a losing effort, but would have earned an extra $180,000 had he won the belt.
UFC 209 took place March 4 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The night’s main card aired live on pay-per-view.
The highest earners on the card were Alistair Overeem and Mark Hunt, two longtime heavyweight contenders who both cashed a flat $750,000 purse for their match, which Overeem won via vicious third-round knockout.
In addition to their commission-reported salaries, David Teymur, Lando Vannata, Darren Elkins, and Iuri Alcantara also took home $50,000 fight night bonuses for their performances.
A complete list of the UFC 209 salaries can be seen below. As always, these figures do not represent a fighter’s total earnings, as certain sponsorship incomes, pay-per-view earnings or discretionary bonuses are not publicly disclosed.
Main Card (Pay-per-view)
- Tyron Woodley ($400,000 + $100,000 = $500,000) def. Stephen Thompson ($380,000)
- David Teymur ($14,000 + $14,000 = $28,000) def. Lando Vannata ($25,000)
- Daniel Kelly ($27,000 + $27,000 = $54,000) def. Rashad Evans ($150,000)
- Cynthia Calvillo ($10,000 + $10,000 = $20,000) def. Amanda Cooper ($17,000)
- Alistair Overeem ($750,000 + no win bonus = $750,000) def. Mark Hunt ($750,000)
Preliminary Card (FOX Sports 1)
- Marcin Tybura ($36,000 + $36,000 = $72,000) def. Luis Henrique ($16,000)
- Darren Elkins ($46,000 + $46,000 = $92,000) def. Mirsad Bektic ($21,000)
- Iuri Alcantara ($34,000 + $34,000 = $68,000) def. Luke Sanders ($12,000)
- Mark Godbeer ($12,000 + $12,000 = $24,000) def. Daniel Spitz ($12,000)
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
- Tyson Pedro ($12,000 + $12,000 = $24,000) def. Paul Craig ($12,000)
- Albert Morales ($10,000 + $10,000 = $20,000) def. Andre Soukhamthath ($10,000)
Source:: mma fighting