LAS VEGAS — The main event title fight at UFC 216 is official after Kevin Lee made weight following a suspenseful morning in Las Vegas.
Main event fighter Kevin Lee waited until the deadline at 11 a.m. local time to step on the scale where he came in at 156 pounds — one pound over the lightweight limit for a title fight.
Because he was within two pounds of making weight, Nevada State Athletic Commission rules allowed him one additional hour to cut the weight after doctors cleared him to make the attempt.
With just a few minutes to go until the deadline, Lee stepped back onto the scale sans clothes while anxiously anticipating the weight to be read out by Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Bob Bennett.
The scale read 154.5 pounds, which means Lee was on weight and the title fight on Saturday night is now official
Ferguson made weight earlier in the two-hour window where fighters can weigh in during the morning as he came in at 155 pounds.
Ferguson vs. Lee for the interim lightweight title is now official and the UFC 216 co-main event is also moving forward as Demetrious Johnson and Ray Borg both made weight on Friday.
Borg was actually the first fighter on the scale as he came in at 124 pounds while Johnson was at 125 pounds as he looks to break the all time record for title defenses on Saturday night. Johnson currently has 10 consecutive title defenses, which is tied with Anderson Silva
RELATED > Kevin Lee Disappointed as He Misses Weight at UFC 216 (Video)
One fight did get scrapped from UFC 216 as Nik Lentz was pulled from the card due to “medical reasons”, which leaves Will Brooks without an opponent for Saturday night. UFC 216 will move forward with 12 total fights as we await word on whether or not Lee will make weight and be able to contend for the title against Ferguson.
UFC 216: FERGUSON VS. LEE WEIGH-IN RESULTS
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view at 10 p.m. ET)
- MAIN EVENT: Tony Ferguson (155) vs. Kevin Lee (154.5)
- Demetrious Johnson (125) vs. Ray Borg (124)
- Derrick Lewis (263.5) vs. Fabricio Werdum (247)
- Mara Romero Borella (126) vs. Kalindra Faria (125)
- Beneil Dariush (156) vs. Evan Dunham (156)
UFC 216 PRELIMS (8 p.m. ET on FX)
- Tom Duquesnoy (135.5) vs. Cody Stamann (136)
- Will Brooks (156)*
- Bobby Green (155) vs. Lando Vannata (155.75)
- Poliana Botelho (115) vs. Pearl Gonzalez (116)
- Marco Beltran (126) vs. Matt Schnell (126)
EARLY PRELIMS (6:30 p.m. on UFC Fight Pass)
- Mark Godbeer (244.5) vs. Walt Harris (251)
- Magomed Bibulatov (126) vs. John Moraga (126)
- Thales Leites (185.5) vs. Brad Tavares (185.5)
*Nik Lentz forced off the card due to medical reasons, fight with Will Brooks has been scrapped
Follow MMAWeekly.com on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram