UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson 3 featured eight finishes in Sao Paulo, Brazil on Saturday resulting in six fighters potentially facing six-month medical suspensions.
The fight card, which took place at the Ginásio do Ibirapuera, was headlined by former champions Vitor Belfort and Dan Henderson squaring off for a third time. The two first fought at Pride 32 in 2006 with Henderson winning by unanimous decision. They rematched at UFC Fight Night 32 in 2013 with Belfort avenging the previous defeat by becoming the first fighter to knockout the durable Henderson. The Brazilian capped off the trilogy by finishing Henderson a second time on Saturday.
The Brazilian Athletic Commission (CABMMA) released the medical suspensions stemming from the event on Monday.
UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson Medical Suspensions
– Vitor Belfort: suspended until Nov. 21 with no contact until Nov. 14
– Dan Henderson: suspended 45 days with no contact for 30 days
– Glover Teixeira: suspended until Nov. 21 with no contact until Nov. 14
– Patrick Cummins: suspended 60 days with no contact for 45 days
– Thomas Almeida: suspended unto Nov. 21 with no contact until Nov. 14
– Anthony Birchak: suspended 60 days with no contact for 45 days
– Alex Oliveira: suspended ….View original article