Donald Cerrone is known for many things, chief among them is his willingness to take short notice fights — regardless of weight class — and hesitance to watch footage on his opponents.
That’s the reason “Cowboy” didn’t have much to say when asked to assess his upcoming foe Patrick Cote — whom he will face at UFC Fight Night 89 on June 18, 2016, in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada — other than he knows the Canadian once took on the greatest mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter of all time.
“I’ve never seen him (fight),” Cerrone recently told MMA Junkie. “I know he fought Anderson Silva. I don’t remember that fight. I know he fought my buddy Kyle Noke, but I didn’t see any of it. I don’t watch footage or watch anybody, so it’s not talking down to the guy at all. It’s not him. I just don’t pay attention.”
His bout against “The Predator” will be contested at Welterweight, his second consecutive fight in the division since losing to Lightweight champion Rafael dos Ajos last December.
Cerrone made good on his first bout at 170 pounds, defeating Alex Oliveira at UFC Fight Night 83 just last month (video here). Should he go two-for-two, don’t expect “Cowboy” to stay put, saying he will likely move back-and-forth between both weight classes.
“I’ll go back to 155 and (expletive) them (expletive) up too,” Cerrone said. “I don’t even care. It pisses me off I went from No. 2 to No. 9 (in the official UFC rankings). Whatever. I’ll just keep bouncing back and forth.”
Staying true to form, Cerrone says once the dust settles in Canada, he will look to make a quick turnaround to take part in one of the three cards that is expected to go down during “International Fight Week” this ….View full article
Source:: mma mania