Beneil Dariush sits in with the Three Amigos to discuss his worst injury, Edson Barboza, Khabib’s weight cutting issues, Conor McGregor and more.
Welcome to your weekly dose of Three Amigos Podcast fun. This episode is loaded with great content, courtesy of our special guest, UFC lightweight Number 7 contender, Beneil Dariush. We also have new installments of our popular segments: RantyPants™ and Sports That Can’t Stop No Double Leg™.
Ordered Listing with timestamps:
- RantyPants™ – 17:25
- Sports That Can’t Stop No Double Leg™ – 35:10
- Beneil Dariush – 1:00:05
Here is a summary of each interview segment, complete with the time stamps for when each interview or special segment begins. As always, we hope you enjoy listening to the show as much as we enjoyed recording it.
Beneil Dariush (1:00:05 mark)
- Edson Barboza discussion
- Technical skillset discussion
- Thoughts on Khabib’s weight cutting issues
- What his most difficult weight cut has been
- Thoughts on Ferguson not being offered the same purse for Michael Johnson on short notice
- His worst injury
- If he feels the UFC will suffer financially if McGregor walks away from the sport
- If he feels too much emphasis is placed on “exciting fights”
- Brazil’s cuisine
- If he could fight any movie/TV character, who would it be
The hosts discuss a variety of topics that include:
- Woodley/Thompson recap
- Nurmagomedov’s weight cutting problems
- Ferguson received less than half his show money
- Wolf vs. Man debate
- Fight bookings (Johnson/Reis, Edgar/Rodriguez, Poirier/Alvarez, Jacare/Whittaker)
- Sports That Can’t Stop No Double Leg™
- Staff predictions and standings
You can check out the entire show here or via the embedded player below. Remember, if you’re looking for us on SoundCloud or iTunes, we’re under the MMA Nation name. Follow our Twitter accounts: Stephie Haynes, Three Amigos Podcast, Iain Kidd and Mookie Alexander or our Facebook fan page, Three Amigos Pod.