The UFC on FOX 25 fighters avoided major injuries, with only two facing 90-day suspensions.
Patrick Cummins and Ryan LaFlare could be out for up to three months following their respective battles at this past weekend’s UFC event in Long Island, per medical suspensions released by the New York State Athletic Commission on Thursday.
Headlining middleweights Chris Weidman and Kelvin Gastelum were hardly the worse for wear, with Weidman receiving a 30-day suspension and Gastelum just a mandatory seven-day suspension.
Cummins emerged from his light heavyweight battle against Gian Villante with a split decision victory and a bruised and bloody face, while LaFlare wasn’t so lucky. The New Yorker had his lights put out by a counter-uppercut from Alex Oliveira in their welterweight contest.
The majority of the fighters on the card received 30-day suspensions, pending clearance from the NYSAC.
UFC on FOX 25 took place July 22 at the Nassau Coliseum in Long Island. The night’s main card aired live on FOX.
A complete list of the UFC on FOX 25 medical suspensions can be seen below (courtesy of Sherdog):
- Chris Weidman: Suspended 30 days
- Dennis Bermudez: Suspended 30 days
- Darren Elkins: Suspended 30 days
- Patrick Cummins: Suspended 90 days, pending NYSAC clearance
- Gian Villante: Suspended 30 days
- Jimmie Rivera: Suspended 45 days
- Thomas Almeida: Suspended 30 days
- Lyman Good: Suspended 60 days
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos: Suspended 45 days, pending NYSAC clearance
- Rafael Natal: Suspended 60 days, pending NYSAC clearance
- Ryan LaFlare: Suspended 90 days, pending NYSAC clearance
- Damian Grabowski: Suspended 30 days
- Chase Sherman: Suspended 30 days
- Kyle Bochniak: Suspended 45 days, pending NYSAC clearance
- Jeremy Kennedy: Suspended 30 days
- Timothy Johnson: Suspended 60 days, pending NYSAC clearance
- Junior Albini: Suspended 30 days
- Godofredo Pepey: Suspended 45 days
- Chris Wade: Suspended 30 days
- Frankie Perez: Suspended 30 days
Source:: mma fighting