Our own Shakiel “Shak” Mahjouri recently interviewed UFC St. Petersburg Flyweight fighter and Bloody Elbow Contributing Author, Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Modafferi, before this weekend’s UFC on ESPN+ 7 event, featuring Overeem vs Oleinik, from the Yubileyny Sports Palace out of Saint Petersburg, Russia.
Roxanne ‘The Happy Warrior’ Modafferi speaks with Shak ahead of her fight with prospect Antonina Shevchenko at UFC Russia on April 20, 2019.
Modafferi opens up about her loss at UFC 230 to Sijara Eubanks – bringing her record to 22-15-0, her upcoming fight with Shevchenko, the strangest place she has ever fallen asleep and being at an athletic disadvantage to some women in the division.
- 0:50 – How Roxanne Modaferri started writing for Bloody Elbow
- 2:40 – What is the strangest place you fell asleep?
- 4:05 – What went wrong in the Sijara Eubanks fight?
- 7:15 – Why Roxanne Modafferi doesn’t make use of the Performance Institute
- 7:51 – Breaking down Antonina Shevchenko
- 12:15 – Roxanne Modafferi’s path to the title
- 14:10 – Complications with fighting teammates
As always, if you enjoyed our show, give us a “REC” here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV , iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, blubrry, OverCast, or Player FM – whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.