Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Welterweight and Lightweight champion BJ Penn has accumulated many memorable moments inside the Octagon during his 16-year run with the promotion, so it’d be pretty hard to rank the top eight.
Nevertheless, longtime UFC play-by-play man Joe Rogan did his best to do it by breaking down his “Ultimate 8 BJ Penn Moments.” Without further ado, check out which ones made the cut.
8. Knocking Matt Hughes at UFC 123 in 21 seconds.
7. Defending lightweight title against Diego Sanchez at UFC 107.
6. Knocking out Caol Uno in 11 seconds at UFC 34.
5. Submitting Kenny Florian via rear-naked choke at UFC 101.
4. Brutalizing Joe Stevenson at UFC 80 to win vacant lightweight title.
3. Knocking out Sean Sherk at UFC 84 to defend 155-pound strap.
2. Defeating Jens Pulver at The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 5 Finale to win lightweight title.
1. Defeating Matt Hughes at UFC 46 to win welterweight title.
Do you agree with the list, or is there another “Baby J” moment that should’ve made the cut?
Penn will look to add yet another memorable moment to his already impressive and full resume when he makes his long-awaited return to action to face off against Yair Rodriguez in the main event of UFC Fight Night 103 in Phoenix, Arizona tonight (Sun., Feb. 15, 2017) from the Talking Stick Resort Arena.
For more on that upcoming Fox Sports 1 event click here.
Source:: mma mania