Martin Nguyen is no longer the only two-division king of ONE Championship.
Aung La N Sang, already ONE Championship’s middleweight beltholder, joined Nguyen in the ranks of two-division champions on Friday, scoring a decisive first-round knockout over Alexandre Machado to capture the promotion’s vacant light heavyweight crown. “The Burmese Python” downed Machado with a head kick just 56 seconds into the matchup, which headlined ONE Championship: Quest for Gold from the Thuwunna Indoor Stadium in Yangon, Myanmar.
Sang’s knockout can be seen below.
Aung La N Sang made quick work of game contender Alexandre Machado to walk away as your new ONE Light Heavyweight World Champion, and now historic two-division world champion! #QuestForGold #Yangon #MartialArts pic.twitter.com/CFt9Ju2JyG
— ONE Championship (@ONEChampionship) February 23, 2018
In the night’s co-main event, one-time lightweight title challenger Ev Ting picked up a split decision victory over Canadian veteran Ariel Sexton.
Complete ONE Championship: Quest for Gold results can be read below.
- Aung La N Sang def. Alexandre Machado via KO (head kick) at :56 of R1
- Ev Ting def. Ariel Sexton via split decision
- Phoe Thaw def. Sor Sey via KO (head kick) at 1:53 of R1
- Timofey Nastyukhin def. Amir Khan via unanimous decision
- Daichi Takenaka def. Dae Hwan Kim via disqualification (illegal spike) at 3:06 of R1
- Ye Thway Ne def. Saw Min Min via split decision
- Kai Wen Li def. Roel Rosauro via submission (guillotine choke) at :43 of R1
- Hertati Lumban Gaol def. Krisna Limbaga via submission (arm triangle) at 4:05 of R1
- Bozhena Antoniyar def. Shwe Sin via TKO (punches) at :24 of R1