UFC president Dana White revealed several details of the upcoming superbout between Floyd Mayweather, Jr. and Conor McGregor.
Now that the superfight between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather, Jr. is a done deal, more details of the bout are emerging. In a report by TMZ.com, UFC president Dana White revealed the following:
- The fight will be held at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada
- The fight will be 12 rounds in 10 oz gloves
- There will be a boxing undercard and Mayweather Promotions will serve as the matchmakers for it
- Both Mayweather and McGregor will undergo USADA testing
- White expects Conor to make around $100 million, but wouldn’t break down financials
- White says he spoke to McGregor this morning who “believes with all his heart he will knock Mayweather out”
EXCLUSIVE: New details on the #MayweatherVsMcGregor fight @TMZ pic.twitter.com/C4ujLw4Dt7
— TMZ (@TMZ) June 14, 2017
- MMAFighting.com is reporting that the fight will be at 154 pounds
Dana White on SportsCenter says Mayweather vs. McGregor will be at T-Mobile Arena and at 154 pounds.
— MMAFighting.com (@MMAFighting) June 14, 2017
The projected date for the fight is August 26, 2017 and is expected to air on Showtime PPV. Floyd Mayweather confirmed the fight via his official Twitter and Instagram accounts. BloodyElbow.com will keep our readers posted as more information becomes available in the coming weeks.
IT’S OFFICIAL!!! https://t.co/ND07Ixugs2 pic.twitter.com/JpqFW5WbcB
— Floyd Mayweather (@FloydMayweather) June 14, 2017